  From: Walter Coe [mailto:Whalt@xxxxxxx]
  Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2003 10:49 PM
  To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Removing ball joints to install Grady collars

  About reusing original ball joint: I'm not sure if you could
  remove it without damage.  The parameter of the joint has a
  gear tooth/knurling pattern in it to help it grip in the
  lower control arm.  If the sleeve/hole in the lower control
  arm is wallowed out, PJ Grady's collar may help tighten it
  up a bit.  It didn't help enough on Tom's car, so we used
  some pieces from an old feeler gauge as shims.

  I seem to remember lower ball joints selling for less than
  $20 each at Advance Discount Autoparts.  I have the
  cross-reference # written down here somewhere.  It's the
  same as an old Volkswagen Beetle.  If you splurge on having
  a vendor send you the "correct" part then have them send you
  some air for your tires, too.  Don't trust that air that you
  can pick up just anywhere.  Support our vendors damn it!

  Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cnlqpp0/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1069704829/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=816079027>