[DMCForum] Overheating problem

I'm having overheating problems...let me preface this by saying that
the cooling fans ARE working.

As I was pulling into work, I saw steam come from the engine
compartment. I parked, and saw that the alternator belt had shredded,
and the hose from the overfill tank to the water pump had come off.
I'm still not sure which happened first.

Anyway, I replaced both belts, reconnected the hose, and fill the
coolant back up.

On the way home, it overheated, and the temp readings were erratic.

I put in more fluid, and installed the auto coolant bleed kit.

Since then, I have started the car in the driveway twice, and have
run it until it hit 220 degrees. At that point, I shut if off because
I'm sure it was going to overheat.

No fluids are leaking, but there is no "spurting" of coolant into the
overfill tank.

Assesments?

Nick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3512844?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=658801467>