Re: [DMCForum] A/C system hose replacement

Re: [DMCForum] A/C system hose replacement

A guy at the AC place tried to give me hose clamps but I wouldn't take
them.  He said that it's the same as hydraulic crimping, but crimping is
just prettier.  I don't believe him becuase I've already blown open the
high side of the system.  It had a hose barb and two hose clamps.

I'm not even sure if it was a pipe thread.  It's just like any other AC
connector on the car.  It needed an o-ring (and leaked without it :(  ) so
I don't think it's pipe after all.  The connector is only slightly larger
than the hose, you may be able to get the 5/8ths through.  The 1/2 inch
went through with next to no problem.

keep in mind that if you have an early VIN, you should get the new low
side hose longer to loop around the accumulator.  The early VINs had the
accumulator connect to the low side (to the compressor) on the bottom.
Later models have it on the top.  I had to get a hose made to connect to
my brand new hose to get the accumulator to fit in right.  dammit.

I don't know what diff the 1/2 inch low side makes (vs 5/8), it still runs
cold, so it's AOK with me.  Now if that fan didn't suck so bad I could get
more of that cool into the car...  Has anyone outsourced or changed out
that fan to a better model?

Jim

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3269369.4566997.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1482387/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1052372947%3e
M=247865.3269369.4566997.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM/A=1482387/R=1
=1052372947%3eM=247865.3269369.4566997.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM
/A=1482387/R=2>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3269369.4566997.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=183170695>