From: Stragand, Dave [mailto:dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2003 8:10 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DMCForum] power brakes

Kind of.  Cars without a vacuum power booster are called manual brakes.
I have three cars so equipped.  Or not equipped.  =)

But like I said, I personally have never seen nor worked on one that
used power steering fluid.  The complexity of the system is quite a bit
of overkill compared to any vacuum system, and I can't imagine it
working much better.  Simplicity of design = cheap & effective; two
things that manufacturers love.

-Dave