Re: [DMCForum] power brakes

The only time I have seen "hydraulic" power brakes is on a 1 ton late '70s
GMC pickup truck.  It taps off of the power steering pump.  I presume that
they went to this extreme because everything on that suspension is really
tough.

Beating the topic into the ground:
I say that power brakes are power brakes no matter how they are powered.
One way of powering them is through "vacuum assist" and another is
"hydraulic".  For all intents and purposes, they are both generally called
"power brakes."  I used to frequent dealer wholesale auctions through the
1980's.  These were basically used cars & light trucks that dealers took
in
on trade but for whatever reason didn't want to sell on their lot.  It was
rare to see a car show up at these auctions that were more than 5 years
old.
This many years is significant because most banks use this age as a
cut-off
date for what they are willing to finance.  Anyway, most of these cars had
power brakes, and I think all of them were of the vacuum assist variety.
The cars that had power brakes usually had this written on the windshield
as
"PB".  Why I am reminiscing about these auctions is because one day a
DeLorean went through.  The friend I was with said, "It looks like a
wedge.
When you are through driving it, you can just put it in your back pocket
and
walk off."

Since many thousands of cars per week go through these wholesale auctions
with this nomenclature on the windshield and there is only one Smeagle
(a/k/a Jim Strickland) who says otherwise, I'm inclined to believe that
10,000 flies can't be wrong.  Oh wait, we're not talking shit here.  :-)

I just love freedom of speech.

Walt

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM