Re: [DMCForum] Crash tests

The original plan included an airbag for the driver and a kneepad for
the passenger. In some photos the prototype has DSV on the front for
DeLorean Safety Vehicle. It obviously underwent severe changes between
gestation and manufacture!

Airbags are a big problem even in cars equipped with them. The "Air Bag"
light in my car came on once (I thought it humourous that they used two
words -- I thought perhaps I was talking too much), and they said that
the module had failed and it would cost $600 to replace. Since it was a
$5,000 car I passed and disconnected the power to the module, signing a
waiver to let me drive away with a malfunctioning safety feature. Now
the truck I drive has an airbag and I kind of wish it didn't. I look
forward to driving a DeLorean wth no airbag in it.

Then again, since cars have roll reinforcements, side impact beams, and
airbags, maybe we could bring back the old-fashioned sharp metal
dashboard like we had in the Dart! :D Any ideas? Heh heh.

Farrar in (wet) New Orleans

Jim wrote:

>         I was watching a video I have of the Delorean crash tests and in
> the video they are using air bag restraints. Was the car original
> planned to have air bags? And are there kits on the market today that we
> could install in our cars?
>
> Jim

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/MVfIAA/HliolB/TM