Re: [DMCForum] nice pics added to photos section

Re: [DMCForum] nice pics added to photos section

what happened to this?  lost in a stack of E.

to answer your question- Yes.  Just slightly.  wait, did I say slightly?
haha.  The advantage of modifying the frame is 1) so the engine fits at
all, and 2) so that the transmission fits at all, and 3) so that the
engine sits low in the car.  I cut partially through the center cross
member in the engine cradle to fit the oil pan.  And I moved the left
side of the frame slightly more the left, so that the turbos would clear
the frame.  Then I (re)moved part of hte metal piece forward of the
transmission becuase the g50 is longer (by about 6 inches!)  The 915 or
930 would be a better choice, sizewise, but has only had 86% as many
gears ;).  If you're having a new SS fram made anyway, go to the guy with
measurements and engine mounts, and see if you can get an frame made that
would better suit your new engine/ transmission.  Talk to Walt before you
do anything about it anyways.

Jim