[DMCForum] Setting Fuelling - Why does the DMC PRV Hunt? [long]

[DMCForum] Setting Fuelling - Why does the DMC PRV Hunt? [long]

Martin,

I'm surprised to read that a hunting PRV is unique to the DeLorean and not
other cars with PRV's.  Heck, even the Northstar V8 conversion at the
Memphis show hunted just like a DeLorean should.  :-)  I suppose he had
half
of the computer inputs glitched.

Anyway, I have a theory to check out.  I was e-mailing with James Espey
about why there are two versions of the Lambda ECU available for different
prices on the DMCTexas web site.  He filled me in on the details.  There
are
two versions: a very common silver-case one #101068 price $236.25 and then
later more rare black-case one #110067 price $480.  The black one has a
"second Lambda shift time facility" and an "additional enrichment
facility"
and is meant to replace the earlier model.  Stephen Wynne says that he has
only seen them on '82 & '83 cars which coincides with factory receipts.  I
have looked at a few '82 & '83 DeLoreans, and they all have the silver one
which makes me think only very few D's have the black ones.

I'm not ready to blow $480 just to see the difference, but if one of you
guys in the UK could find a spare in a scrap yard (or find one in use on a
DeLorean for that matter) it would be interesting to swap out with the
silver model to see how things change.  It is bound to make some kind of
improvement or they wouldn't have made it.

Walt

Share the magic of Harry Potter with Yahoo! Messenger
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4Q_cgB/JmBFAA/46VHAA/HliolB/TM