[DMCForum] Re: Forum stratagies?

This is a tough one.  Everyone here needs to contribute in some way
or another.  Here's the thing, we want to go public, but we don't
have much content.  But how do you get content?  people have to know
about the site.  So, the more we can contribute now, the better it
will be.  All of us here, i'm sure, can add something to the page.
I'm working on documenting the crashed car I have right now.  I'm
sure people would like to know how their car will handle a 45 mph
crash to the front passenger corner.

Erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> People are wondering when the DMCForum is going public, so I am
asking you
> all what your opinions are on how to time things.  Obviously the
sooner the
> better, but at present there are too many unfinished sections.
The whole
> site is mostly a shell that lacks any real content.  I have
hundreds of
> photos to scan and write technical articles for, but I just don't
have time
> to do much in the near future.
>
> "Going public," by definition is a gray area because there isn't
much to
> officially launching the site other than saying that it is
officially
> launched.  We can apply for listings in the search engines.  We
can compile
> lists of e-mail address scrounged from the net for direct
mailings.  But I
> know that it is a waste of time saying much on the DML because the
> moderators made it clear they were not allowing any competition.
But
> ironically they are letting some things through thanks to Erik G
and others.

> Would a paid advertisement in DeLorean World be rejected on the
grounds that
> it is competition?  They have a fine reputation for weird
politics!  Ken
> Koncelik said that he is willing to advertise in his DeLorean Car
Show