Re: [DMCForum] Re: New Sound Progress! The noise is gone.

Re: [DMCForum] Re: New Sound Progress! The noise is gone.

>Yeah Andrei, I could almost feel your wrath as I
>contradicted your wisdom.  I still don't see how you got a
>Bosch pump to suck mineral spirits 10'.  There are Mercedes
>that uses the same pump with an additional priming pump
>before it.

Lots of older cars used two pumps. A low pressure high volume in the tank
feeding the high pressure one down the line.  I think the only ones that
still do this are boats and diesel trucks.  And I know the boats have a cut
off with a bypass once the high pressure pump gets up to pressure.

>As for running DC motors backwards, I see no problem with
>it.  The story I have heard is that motors will last longer
>if they are not reversed because of the connections at the
>brushes.  If the brushes continually have to shift around
>from being reversed then they wear quicker.  That's the only
>issue.

I don't even know about that.  We have DC servo motors that are getting
close to 9000hrs with a lot of back and forth motion while under load and
have never had a problem.  You just have to be careful if a pump has rubber
veins cause they could ripp off the hub.

Andrei