Re: [DMCForum] Re: New Sound Progress! The noise is gone.

Re: [DMCForum] Re: New Sound Progress! The noise is gone.

Ah, finally found & read the message which started this
thread.  What a sweet story!  I'm feeling all Christian now.
:-)

> I have proven that sucking harder DOES NOT make the pump
noisy.

Yeah Andrei, I could almost feel your wrath as I
contradicted your wisdom.  I still don't see how you got a
Bosch pump to suck mineral spirits 10'.  There are Mercedes
that uses the same pump with an additional priming pump
before it.

Next time before I give up on a fuel pump, I'll try running
it backwards like you said.  That's a really good idea.  I
did an autopsy on one that stopped the car from running
after it got really noisy.  I didn't find anything wrong
inside -- not even any debris.  Everything looked fine.  I
suppose that all it takes is a tiny speck to mess it up
though.

As for running DC motors backwards, I see no problem with
it.  The story I have heard is that motors will last longer
if they are not reversed because of the connections at the
brushes.  If the brushes continually have to shift around
from being reversed then they wear quicker.  That's the only
issue.

Walt

click here