Re: [DMCForum] Re: New Sound Progress! The noise is gone.

Re: [DMCForum] Re: New Sound Progress! The noise is gone.

> I don't even know about that.  We have DC servo motors

I first learned about this from playing with RC cars when I
used to hang out in a club of them.  Most of the members
would never run their cars backwards because they said it
would wear the brushes too quickly.  These kids were mostly
just interested in racing around an indoor dirt track and
thus moving only forward.

When my DeWalt (my favorite brand naturally!) circular saw
was new, it had an automatic electric brake that really
messed up the brushes so bad that it quit working.  Instead
of taking it in under warranty, I took it apart to discover
that the brushes were burnt up.  It turned out that the
electric brake consisted of merely shorting out the brushes.
What a crock!  So likewise with the RC cars and since they
draw a lot of current, if the brush contacts get loose or
dirty from reversing then they tend to burn up the
armatures.

STILL ON TOPIC!
Depending on how people hook up their fan fail relay bypass,
they can end up shorting out the radiator fans while they
are off.  This is really bad for the brushes and restricts
air flow.

Walt

click here