Re: [DML] RE: Frequency valve hose

Well I made some progress this weekend, I just not sure how I did it. I was checking for spark in the morning with one of those induction light pens. It showed spark from the coil but no spark to the plugs. I had disconnected a few wires to the distributor when I was working on the clutch slave and was not looking forward to removing the fuel distribution again to check the plug wires. I loosen the fuel distribution and got my hand on the distributor but really could grab the wires. I had to leave so I tighten things up and left it.

Later in the day my trusty assistant (daughter) and I went to test the plug wires again just to be sure there was no spark. I unplugged the CSV to cut down on the fuel being pumped into the engine. She turned the ignition and low and behold it started. A bunch of white smoke came out of the tail pipes or a few minutes but it ran. It ran a little rough and the idle was surging but it didn't die.

I am thinking the fuel distribution unit might have loosened the plug on the distributor from the coil and and I fixed it when I loosened and re-tighten everything. Any one else have a theory? What would cause the white smoke?

Steve