Re: [DML] sending units & Houston Special

Re: [DML] sending units & Houston Special

What about when going round corners and when braking? Far more important
than hills.

I do get really annoyed about this argument that you "shouldn't let the
tank get this low" or "why people are obsessed with driving around on
the fuel light". I say "why not just have a smaller tank then?"

The bottom line is it's a 50 litre tank where only 35 litres are
actually useable. Not only are you limiting the range of the car on a
single fill-up but you're permanently carrying around another 10-15kg of
pointless weight - that's more than the weight of the spare wheel, if
you're counting. I don't care about the weight but think the range thing
is just stupid.

The tank needs 1) a properly designed baffle and 2) it needs to be *in
the centre of the tank*. John, yours is neither.

I'm sure the new DMCH offering is a proper baffle and if it indeed
includes non-return valves then it may well achieve better range than
the stock setup. It's just a shame it can't be put in the centre.

My own choice would be a lift pump, surge tank and external high
pressure pump. it's simple enough to achieve and I'll get around to it
one of these days!

Martin

On 28/04/2012 16:20, John Hervey wrote:
> Martin, As you know the only reason we have a baffle so if your leaning up
> or down a hill or rapid start off and you have very little gas in the tank
> you won't starve the fuel pump till the car levels out again.
> Morrell of the story is to keep 2 to 3 gallons of gas in the car and you
> won't have a problem even with out my baffle.
>
> Oh, My baffle has a life warranty, filters can be purchased other places and
> fuel pumps can be also. All of Houston's new special pump and special baffle
> makes you ( The DeLorean owners ) locked into them.
>
> Good luck with that:
>
> John Hervey
> www.deloreanautoparts.com

<*> Your email settings: