RE: [DML] fuel sending units

Ok Dave, Like I said those modular assemblies have been around for years so
it's not a new design. I have replaced mine in the Ford Explorer already and
one of my SUV's is a 2002. 10 years, before it wet out.
Then I had to buy the whole thing. $400.00.
Is the special pump going to be more than $89.00, if the Microprocessor goes
out can it be replaced, what if the sending unit goes out can it be
replaced. What is the warranty?? 50' or 50 seconds or whichever comes first.

My fuel pumps that I have been selling for years have about a 1% failure
rate and have a full year warranty at a cost $89.00.
My SS clamp last forever, and boot at $44.50 completely immersed in gas will
last about 7 to 10 years.

So Dave, how does a Chinese sending unit with a Chinese microprocessor and
special Chinese pump made for CIS going to hold up and for how long for
$400.00. My Ford truck lasted 10 years so will this unit hold up 10 years.
We know how good Chinese parts are.

Ok, so you have a unique pump made for EFI ok, What about CIS, Bosch pumps
were made for CIS and the have been around for 40+ years and the imported
for 10 years with a 1% failure rate at $89.00.  You only need 75 to 80 lb's
or about 6 bar of fuel pressure to power the DeLorean. So why would a
( special ) pump be needed.
Do you think it would be competition and in case of an emergency they can't
get it from me or AutoZone so they have to go back to DMCH. Yes you pay more
at AutoZone but they have it or can get it over night.

Show the DeLorean community the testing procedure and records for it's
longevity or the MTBF chart before they are sold to the DeLorean community
or is the DeLorean community going to be to be the testing ground again.

Sorry Dave, but Houston doesn't have a very good track record of coming out
with parts that work. Should I name them off, door struts, headlight
switches, angle drives, lower ball joints, last fuel sending unit, should I
keep going. Sure part are parts and some will fail but no one is perfect but
how are they backed up. I gave a customer a seal for the DMCH sending unit
that Houston came out with previously because they didn't have any and sent
him on his way.

What will the future hold for this.

John Hervey
www.deloreanautoparts.com