RE: [DML] fuel sending unit problems

Gary,

If you notice on my web site I work with all the CIS fuel systems: DeLorean,
Porsche, Mercedes and all it's ( Neglect ) that causes the problems.
Fuel injection systems, carburetors, lawn mowers anything with gasoline
either need to be used on a almost regular basic or at least use stable if
the car isn't going to be run for 2 years or more.
Like someone leaving for the service and parking the car.
The lease amount of gas stored in the tank the better. If your going to
drive it all the time then fine fill it up like any other car but if it's
just going to be used a little then the lease amount of gas the better.

When the car sits for a length of time gasoline begins to smell and moisture
builds up and decay sets in.  I have cleaned over 100+ senders and maybe 2
or 3 I couldn't fix all the way. Moisture / water builds up in gas will gum
up and corrodes the brass rod's in the OE sending units if not used.

This will happen with the new Houston unit but then it will cost more to fix
because it will be all in one and they have already said around $400.00
dollars. At present replacement will be 1/2 of that with mine.

The real test of time will be 2 to 3 years to see how it will hold up not
just a few weeks or months. The power pump was tested 5000 miles before it
went on the market and with almost 200 + sold I have had 1 come back. At
$159.95 so to me that says a lot. My baffles are life warranty so it will be
up to the user as to which way they want to go.
All in one with special everything or replaceable parts.

John Hervey
www.deloreanautoparts.com