RE: [DML] DeLorean Owners Association??

I'm glad I was able to deliver the response you were seeking Robert.

I appreciate your nomination, but I served as President of the Association
for about six months last year.  In that time, I managed to become
overwhelmed with the number of e-mails delivered to that office, offended
several other Board members, two of whom eventually quit, and although I did
get Stephen Clark to join us, I feel I didn't accomplish anywhere near what
I wanted to.

Since Ron Ferguson took over and I accepted the Vice-Presidency, I have been
able to concentrate on the areas where I think we need the most help.
Namely the magazine and the website.  We do need our leaders, but more than
that, we need doers.  I like doing things.  I don't always get them right,
but I am willing to make an effort and learn from my mistakes as I go.  I
can only hope my approach is a sound one, and that I can learn quick enough!

Thanks again for your support,

Josh

Josh Haldeman - Vice-President

DeLorean Owners Association

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [DML] DeLorean Owners Association??

FINALLY!!!!

I'm very critical of the DOA, and always have been. But I've never wanted to
destroy the DOA, just dismantle the negative board of directors and replace
them with better people who actually have the ability to adjust to the needs
of a modern, honest DeLorean owner. I've tried instigating this several
times over the years by way of my goading questions. Not everyone understood
my questions, but a few other DML'ers here saw what I was doing and have
told me so offline they saw it and realized what was going on...

My goal of criticizing wasn't simply to vent my anger or frustrations at you
or anyone else. I got over my problems with the DOA almost a decade ago, and
certainly don't have time to dwell on things

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)