RE: [DML] DeLorean Owners Association??

Hey Robert,

I agree with your assessment of some past issues of the magazine.  I've
struggled with that exact problem in my tenure as Assistant Editor for DCS
Magazine.  From that experience, and now, as Editor of DeLorean World, I've
learned to ask myself these questions:

-          What can we at DeLorean World do better than anyone else?

-          Who would I like to see contributing to this effort?  (that's
actually an easy one; Everyone and anyone who cares about the community,
car, company, man, etc)

-          What would I enjoy reading about?

-          What benefits the community most?

I've also asked my friends in the community what they would like to read
about and see, and tried to include a little of everything, as I see fit.

I think the only thing I didn't have for this latest issue is a good tech
article.  Our vendors work incredibly hard to provide top quality service to
their customers, and asking them to set aside extra time to write about what
they do, so that others can do it just as well can be a challenge, as you
can probably imagine.  On the opposite end of that, getting tech articles
from amateur mechanics can produce less than appealing results at times.
Despite this, DeLorean World, over the years, I think has provided some
extremely valuable tech articles, as well as some highly engaging articles
covering historical aspects of the original company and its suppliers.  (see
our last issue's story on the development of the torsion bar by Grumman)
Including the activities of the Board, in my opinion, is really only useful
if it benefits the community in some way.  Ie: voting to lower the
membership fee, adjusting the frequency of magazine publication, etc.

I believe the blunt answer to your blunt question about what do you get for
your money is answered on our website, on the membership application page.
It says, and I quote:

As the largest independent car organization in the world, the DeLorean
Owners Association appreciates the support of its members in promoting the
value, image and mystique of the DeLorean automobile.

Members enjoy:

*	A subscription to DeLorean World Magazine
*	Access to a large network of DeLorean owners, both nationally and
internationally. Members come from all over the world beyond the United
States, to Canada, Mexico, Japan and Europe
*	Technical advice on the DeLorean automobile from our network
*	Membership access to our website which hosts a wealth of information
for the DeLorean enthusiast in  the 'DeLorean Cafe' forum
*	Plus exclusive offers available only to Association members
*	10% off all DeLorean Store products (store currently under
construction, due to be re-launched soon)

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.

-Josh

Josh Haldeman - Vice-President

DeLorean Owners Association