Re: [DML] Best way to shift for better fuel economy?

Re: [DML] Best way to shift for better fuel economy?

Don't start off in 2nd gear, unless doing a clutch job is your idea of a good
time.  It's best to drive the car the way it was meant to be driven.  If you
want to save gas, keep your RPMs low, but dogging the engine isn't good for it
either.

There is no reason to skip gears, especially as tall as the DeLorean gears are.
In a car like my CTS-V, you can skip as many gears as you want, but the DeLorean
doesn't have that abusive amount of torque at it's disposal.

Keep it at 1-2-3-4-5.  Doing anything different would be such a negligible
savings that it isn't worth the stress on the drivetrain.  If saving 3 cents a
month on gas is a top priority, you bought the wrong car!

Jake Kamphoefner
1063