[DML] Re: A/C not cold - but now it is. How could that be?

[DML] Re: A/C not cold - but now it is. How could that be?

Sounds like it may be clogged - probably at the orifice tube.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "daviddelorean" <daviddelorean@...> wrote:

> Last year I had a brand new a/c compressor installed. Worked great. Then just before summer when it gets to 110F here, the a/c started blowing hot air. The a/c compressor was switching on and off (could hear the clicking sound) once every 1-2 seconds. Obviously a problem - I figured a freon leak. So all summer I had no a/c.
>
> Due to another problem my car has sat in the garage for 8 months. Just started up and moved in the garage to keep everything ok. Today, just for the heck of it while I was running the car engine, I turned the a/c switch on. Would you believe the air coming out was ice cold!?!?!? The compressor still switched on and off every second but the air was cold.
>
> How on earth could that be? I left it on for 5 minutes or so.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)