RE: [DML] Re: windshield replacement

I spoke to the company that build replacement DMC windshields back in the 80's.  The business was sold, along with all of the tooling.  The tools for the after market DMC windshield were destroyed.

To create a new tool would cost about $12,000, and they would only run production for no less than 100 units (there is a per unit cost on top of the tool cost).

IMHO, it would take too long to sell 100 windshields at ANY price to make it a worth while investment.   If someone disagrees, I'd be happy to share my research.