Re: [DML] DeLorean magazines.

None taken.  I've been around before the old school was built...

We have looked at this from time to time, and I have yet to find
something that provides a DMCTalk-like interface that is
easily moderated and provides the output flexibility that Yahoo
Groups does.  Especially at the same cost.

Income from advertisers is nice to have, but it's not "free money".
There are contracts, legal entities for accepting money, accountability,
bill collecting, ad maintenance - its more work for the people running
the show.  More importantly, once you change over to that model,
you are now dependant on continuing that income.   What happens
when an advertiser gets ticked off and stops sending the checks?

The DML isn't pretty, and DMC News isn't gonna win any web
design awards.  But, they work.  The information is there, the
ability to add more is there, they are easily managed, and they
are cheap enough that there aren't any worries about the lights
going out.

--
Mike

-------------- Original message from "Kevin Abato" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------

No offense Mike, but the format of the DML is indeed (as already stated) "old school". Sites like DMCtalk, etc offer a much better navigation and way to
> easily post data without assistance of the moderators and limitations of yahoo
> I am not saying "kill DML", but perhaps it is time to consider moving DMCnews to
> a more updated format?
>
> Just my 2 cents...
>
> Kevin Abato
> VIN# 16680