RE: [DML] DeLorean magazines.

Ron (and others).
A downloadable magazine is not the answer,
a password or subscription website is not the answer...
The true answer is a FREE user accessible (yet moderated) forum and news site
that features user submitted videos and articles that makes it money from
direct advertising and click through links that make money directly for the sponsors.

This old school news group DML is slow and out dated,
the printed magazines make cute collectors items but are repetitive with the
same articles or features articles about people that others might not car about.
I also don't want to wait a few months to get new information.
They are expensive to print, expensive to mail and the same time used to make
those layouts could be put to better use on the web.

The actual truth is that the folks who are putting out these magazines each
have their own agenda.
One wants to promote their organization and club, one wants to promote it's
car shows and the other wants to promote it's parts inventory.
If all of these were working together to make one large website that is mostly
supported by it's users then you would see a much tighter community with better results.

I am a member of the Dodge forums, or http://www.lxforums.com
(which supports the Magnum, Charger, Challenger, 300, etc)
and they offer it free but also offer a "LEVEL II SUPPORT" with special features for
a donation. I am a "Level II Supporter" at $25 per year.
This gives me access to the archives and hidden threads but mostly gives me a special
symbol by my name that shows that I am supporter and certain people CARE about those bragging rights.
Their business model and website is a perfect example of how the DeLorean site should be run.

They allow users to be able to instantly share photos, videos, files and more.
They also allow a rating system like eBay uses to track how users treat each other in sales and interaction.
The site is moderated and makes money from "supporting vendors" as well as "advertisers" not to mention
the supporting users.

I would suggest that we all move out of the dark ages and go to a forum like this that is put together
not by an independent party but a conversion of the 3 magazines along with all the major vendors.
Working together will be the best thing for all.
I actually believe that there would be a larger profit margin of working on the web when you consider
printing and shipping costs versus web costs.

Just my 2 cents.
- Videobob
VIN#5278

.