[DML] Re: Re: DeLorean magazines.

Even though I own more computers than I can count, I have to agree
with Robert.  There is something about the printed copy that is
special.  It can sit on the coffee table to be read when there is
time, and as a showpiece that draws attention when not, it can be
easily read when on travel, and in other places when a laptop is not
convenient and/or online access is not available.

Sure, it is possible to print and bind .pdf zines, but I have found
that in practice, it doesn't happen - I have a high speed color laser
printer but still don't do it.

In my experience, I have discovered that I no longer look at magazines
that have went exclusively to electronic format.  I don't have a lot
of time to read magazines, but I always have a few of my favorites in
my brief case, in my shop, on my desk, and at home for when there is
some spare time.

Bottom line, advertisers are wasting their time and money trying to
get my attention in e-zines, but I do check out the printed ads (the
Delorean vendors can attest to that!)

Support the publishers, they do the community a huge service.

Cliff

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 19:57:32 +0000, Robert wrote:

> Yes, indeed, that is quite nice. However, there are some of us that do not own a computer. I'll take the hard copy, please.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)