Re: [DML] Need some-newer-engine parts

Dani, I have all these parts on my shelf. The balance shaft was only
ever fitted to late 3 litre even fire engines and cannot be combined
with the distributor being mounted next to #3 cylinder, due to the
balance shaft drive. The ONLY car to have the balance shaft and
distributor at the timing chain end was the Alpine A610, which put it
next to #6 and timing covers for that are not available. The distributor
will fit next to #4 cylinder, but it requires a different mounting "cup"
and the camshaft must either already have the mount for the rotor arm,
or it must be machined to accept it.

If you tell me what you're trying to achieve, I can tell you how to
achieve it, and what bits you need.

Martin

stainlessilusion wrote:

>I am attempting to locate some parts to the newer PRV engines with no
>success. Even finding information on these engines are hard to come
>by. Anyway, while a whole junk engine would be great to have for the
>parts I need, some of the things include the distributor that mounts
>to the front right head of the engine, not the rear like the usual
>DeLorean set-up. I'm also seeking (from individuals particularly in
>the UK since that is where I understand this part was commonly used) a
>balance shaft - goes over the right camshaft and dampens vibration
>(not used in DeLorean motors so anyone reading this, don't get
>confused). If anyone knows where to obtain these parts, or the newer
>PRV ZN3J-any condition, please contact me. By the way, if anyone needs
>B280 EFI manifolds, I have more than I need if you want one. Thanks
>guys, Dani B. #5003

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: