Re: [DML] Need some-newer-engine parts

<If you tell me what you're trying to achieve, I can tell you how to
<achieve it, and what bits you need.
<
<Martin

Martin ? electronic fuel injection. I was going to convert to
carburetion with no success in locating or converting a manifold to
accept one, and I have about 2 engines worth of EFI parts so, why not?
The first engine is a B280E; got everything, down to fuel rails, MAP
sensors, some old CPUs which I probably won't use (best go with
Megasquirt?), injectors, etc. I've got lots of parts except a way to
have a crank trigger, VSS and I think a cam sensor as well. I've got a
few pairs of heads and lots of different timing covers, ones that
accept the distributor in front, and some that don't. I also have part
of a 3L which I wanted to see how would run with the balance shaft,
but that will take some time since I don't have all the parts for that
engine. I'm sure there are more things I need for the conversion to
EFI, I'm just nothing thinking of everything at the moment. The
toughest thing for me will of course be the wiring of the ECU &#61664; engine.

Marc, I could use one of the engines you mentioned but I was having a
difficult time locating one that was complete and close enough to pick
up to save on trans costs. I have been getting offers like an engine
for 550 plus 200 for shipping; that's too much when I've seen these
engines for 150.

Thank you for your responses guys -----Dani B. #5003

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional