[DML] Re: DeLorean reliability

On a well maintained Delorean it should be about as reliable as any
car of the period. That said it IS 25 years old regardless of mileage.
This means many things should be replaced to maintain reliablility.
Among the items are:
Tires
Master Water Pump Kit
Radiator
ALL fluids
Accumulator
Header bottle
Right, rear upper muffler bracket
Struts
Wiper Blades

Some known problem areas include:
Speedometer (keep it well lubricated)
Fuel tank sender
Electrical system (relay upgrade kit, Fanzilla or eq, Lockzilla or eq)
Automatic transmission computer
All recalls
Plastic clutch line (5-speeds)

On my car (low mileage) about the only issue I had in the last couple
of years is a slow leak in the A/C and old, weak struts. IMHO
reliablitity  is DIRECTLY related to the amount of preventive
maintainence performed. If you just drive the car till it stops and
then repair only what's broken that is not the definition of "Well
Maintained".
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "drhdmc1" <drhaney@...> wrote:

> Maybe its just us Colorado guys, but I completely agree with
> everything Dik posted. My car is esentially stock, no turbos ;-(. I
> drove from Denver to Gettysburg with two other owners and not one of

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)