[DML] Re: DeLorean Owners Association - NEW

[DML] Re: DeLorean Owners Association - NEW

Yes! Yes! That is exactly what we need! Ken is a very cool person. He
pm'd me on dmctalk asking for me to give him a ring to talk about the
DOA and its new direction seeing as my name and some ideas were
discussed between him and Elliot. I recently spoke to Ken about
joining and a slight issue I was having with the website, he said he
is going to wait until Monday to get back with me and hopefully the
issue will be resolved. But he always has time to talk to people about
the DOA.

I plan on offering any and all help I can do as an enthusiast for the
club as well as putting forth the same effort for DCF. I am located in
Central FL, a two hour drive to Ken's town. However, there is a good
concentration of D's in my area.. I would say I know of at least 5
within 10 miles of me.

back to the DOA stuff. I can say that, from what Ken Baker has told me
and we discussed, The DOA will be making a change a very big one. I
have seen what the DOA used to be like through others stories and
dealings with it. I understand there was tension and words exchanged.

Some have said the DOA cannot survive in the 21st century, with the
internet, DCS mag, dmctalk, and etc. I think it is possible it can
survive and it will flourish.Many complain that the DOA wants to
extend its tentacles and take in all of the regional clubs under its
name and such, well I don't think that will happen, and it shouldnt
have to be a worry. My friend, James owner of 16336 and I had an idea.

He told me how the Impala SS club of America has chartered regional
clubs that have like 8 members that are members of ISCA but the club
as a whole pays no dues. Instead they have national recognition from
the national club on the local level. Lets say a ISCA club in ohio is
having a tech day, ISCA sends them an email and says we'll send some
money for some snacks and stuff just for being a chartered club. We
think the DOA and the non DOA affiliated regional clubs (  DCF, SEDOC,
DOI, etc) can be. You can choose to either be 100% affiliated or just
nationaly/internationally recognized as a chartered club if so many of
your members are DOA members.

Another thing, dues.. they are pretty steep. But Ken assured me they
will be rolling out different plans not sure on details yet but so far
if you check the DOA website they have different options. I am joining
with the 2 year plan and all the Delorean World back orders, very good
deal! I wish the Mercedes Benz Club of America would do that!! 50
years of 6 magazines a year would be awesome.

in closing.. I am putting my full support of the DOA that it will
change and change for the better and we can all be friends.

> I am one of many of the DOA's biggest critic's due to my unpleasant
> experience many years ago as I posted in an earlier message.
>
> However, after a few e-mails back and forth with Ken Baker we
> finally connected on the phone this morning and spend a good 45
> minutes openly talking about the past DOA, former board members and
> Ed Bernstein's (D1) current involvement in the DOA.
>
> In my opinion there is NO better way to get your questions answered
> than by calling Ken directly.  I decided it was important enough to
> not rely on e-mail where intent and meaning can be taking wrong or
> out of context.
>
> Ken is taking on a heavy load trying to change the tide within the
> DOA as well as all of our past issues.  I know I have many!.....Our
> talk was fruitful, honest and no holds barred. While Ken know he
> can't please all of you, it is my fervent opinion that he is trying
> very hard to do so.
>
> I am comforted by the fact that a DOA President lives in Florida and
> not SoCal.  I am encouraged to hear that Ken is actively working and
> talking with Ken K and Steve from DMCH.
>
> If you are a skeptic about the direction of the DOA, have questions
> etc...by all means contact Ken and TALK to him.  Ken is not trying
> to hide anything by asking people to talk to him directly.  It is
> his belief (and I agree) that e-mail does not convey the same
> meaning as hearing someones intent.  He is well aware that any mis-
> step or someone taking something the wrong way as they read it will
> create more issues.  Nobody should take his asking people to contact
> him directly as anything other than the most honorable intentions.
>
> My questions were answered and I am convinced there is a new
> direction happening.  Let's all stop and take a deep breath and give
> Ken the chance here to do something we have all wanted.  If any of
> you are on the fence...please make the effort to talk to him
> directly.
>
> We have become a society that is finding it too easy to send an e-
> mail and complain but will not take the time to do it in person on
> the phone.  I think Ken deserves a fighting chance here and I hope
> we all can put aside out "stuff" and give him the opportunity.
>
> My baggage has been put away after all these years.  Please, please
> let's as a group give this guy a break.  I am glad I talked to him
> and I encourage those of you who are very vocal on this board to do
> the same.  There is nothing sinister about his wanting to talk to
> people on the phone....for God's sake!  It's my understanding one of
> you "wanted it in writing".  If all of you jump down this guys
> throat we may lose a change at someone who seems to REALLY care
> about the future of our community.
>
> Lack of communication is what most of you have complained about the
> DOA. Here is a guy who is begging people to contact him so he can
> tell you first hand what his hopes and goals are for the future of
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)