From: Joseph Kuchan <josephkuchan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:27:56 PM
Subject: RE: [DML] Spinning screws in trunk

Are you sure the rivnuts aren't spinning in the fiberglass? That is much more likely than all the screws being stripped. BTW, those screws are all posidrive. A regular phillips driver will "cam out" of them faster than you can say "cam out". (Ask me how I learned this!)Unless you have a posidrive bit of the correct size, when you finally get this issue resolved I would consider using phillips head screws as replacements for the originals.

Joe Kuchan

To: dmcnews@yahoogroups .comFrom: Soma576@aol. comDate: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:44:33 -0400Subject: [DML] Spinning screws in trunk

Hey Group,A semi-local owner trailered a non-running DeLorean?to? my house for basic restoration i.e. get it running again and reliable.? Nothing I haven't already done on my own car.? However, on this car, nearly all of the screws that hold the brake cylinder access panel to the trunk floor are stripped and spinning in the rivnuts.? I can turn them with vice-grips but the rivnuts are frozen to the screws.? I suppose I will have to grind off the heads and drill out the rivnuts, but how does one replace the rivnuts?? Is there a special tool?? Haven't had to deal with this issue before.Thanks, Andy Lien[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)