[DML] Re: Gettysburg Caravan (Welomed)

There are two caravans from North Carolina. Both leave Thursday June
13. The western caravan is leaving Asheville and taking I-81 the whole
way, perhaps picking up Triad owners via I-77. The eastern caravan is
leaving the mighty metropolis of Laurinburg NC, taking US 1 to
Southern Pines and Apex, thence US 64 to I-95 (any Triad owners who
want to join us can take I-85 east to Raleigh).

Charlotte owners are split between these two caravans (hello Jason
Perkins -- can you hear me?). Louie Golden won't be making the trip.
Farrar Hudkins is coming to my house Wednesday to rip off his fuel
injection and replace it with a carburetor, thence leaving Thursday
with the eastern caravan. You are more than welcome to join us
Wednesday or Thursday.

Any Richmond or Virginia Beach owners who'd like to join us in
Richmond: I estimate the caravan passing through around lunchtime.

Speaking of Farrar's carburetor conversion: I dropped my blueprints
and spare engine at the machine shop this morning. Received a $600 +/-
$20 price quote, manufactured from aluminum (a steel manifold knocks
$100 from that price). A tad higher than I would have liked, but these
are custom pieces. Besides, what else are you going to do? Stick with
K-Jet? (Please...).

I will have a loose manifold at DCS for inspection, and one installed
on Farrar's car.

Special note to Welomed: Look me up at DCS. I will bring some catalogs
that will make your Mach 1 project much easier.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "welmoedj" <joe.dalton@...> wrote:
>
> I am very interested to know what the average daily mileage is that
> is usually planned by D owners.
> Though I have been in the US before, this will be the first time I am
> making a trip in my own D in your country.
>
> I started from the assumption that 500 miles per day seems to be a
> good and achievable target.
> In the last part from Atlanta, Ga to Gettysburg I may have to stop at
> Charlotte, Nc to collect some heavy parts for my son's 69 Mach1.
> Don't flame on me for using the D as a mule :)
> The trip Atlanta-Gettysburg is some 660 miles. The stop however may
> cause my staying overnight somewhere in between start and finish.
> What do you think of this. Am I correct in my assumptions or a little
> over the top and should I take two days for this part?
>
> Please enlighten me.
>
> BTW I am going to use 85 to Charlotte, then 77 and 81. This seems the
> right way.
>
> Your valued advice, please.
>
> Welmoed.

<*> Your email settings: