RE: [DML] Door locks and exterior door handle questions

RE: [DML] Door locks and exterior door handle questions

Tom,
I did the same thing with removimg the front locking rods. It eliminated a
lot of the alignment issues and the locks have been working great since.
The door still won't open if locked, so there's no real drawback that I've
been able to find. Just make sure to keep those rods handy. If you upgrade
to Toby's lock actuators, you need the rods for the actuators to connect
to. In my case, I simply cut part of them so while it's connected, it
doesn't actually go all the way to the latch.

Chris
VIN 4099

At 02:36 PM 4/27/2008 -0700, you wrote:
>I read Joe's advice as to remove the front lock rod, not the striker
>bolt(there are multiple posts and this was the one I liked). That sounds
>fine to me, but I wonder how may are running their cars this way.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)