[DML] Door locks and exterior door handle questions

[DML] Door locks and exterior door handle questions

Three questions -

1. I can't get one nylock nut off the mounting stud for an exterior door handle, is it common for the base of that stud to come loose enough that it will turn with the nut?

2. On my other door handle (already off the car) the return springs on both sides have their outside ends resting against the frame of the assemble, not inserted into the tiny holes in the frame which would put more tension on the door handle to return down.  The handle action appears loose.  Are the outside ends of the springs supposed to rest against the frame itself, or feed thru the tiny holes and provide more tension?

3. The front door lock is jamming every time the lock is used. I found a post from a few years back where it was suggested that I could remove the locking rod from the front latches on the doors with no real repercussions.  This is supposed to make it much easier to adjust the door linkages so they work properly, the only downside being that after doing this only the rear latch will lock when one locks the car.  Every other car I have ever owned has been just fine with only one locking latch per door - has anyone tried this mod, and with what results?

Tom

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: