[DML] What's it worth?

I'm sure you guys get these types of posts alot, but I'm kind of stuck
in my decesion here. I found a local guy that is selling a late '81 D.
with the grooved hood but no fuel door. It is painted black. He is
asking 13.9k which I know isn't too unreasonible but I would like to
get the experts opinion on it. The car starts and runs but does have
it's issue. This is what I know about the car from talking to the
owner and looking at/driving the car myself.

-Previous owner painted it black, but did a horrible job. There are a
few places with gobs of excess paint, and several spots where the
paint is peeling and flaking. Current owner does not know how old the
paint is or if it was done to cover up previous damage. On the plus
side it looks like the stainless under the paint is still in good
condition, is it possible to just peel it off in this case?

-Speedomoter does not work. I know it's a common problem, but
according to the owner it is the 3rd angle bar that he alone has put
in.

-Oil gauge moves up and down at a rapid rate when idle and driving.
Owner says it's just the gauge, but I'm no so sure.

-Idle is very rough. Sits between 500-1500rpm when cold, and 1000-
2000rpm when warm. Sounds like someone is sitting in the car tapping
on the gas, vroom....vroom.....vroom

-Some rust on bolts and screws and such in the engine bay.

-Dash is cracked

-Weather stripping is pretty worn around the doors and looks like it
has been replaced at least once before. There is alot of orange gunk
coming from under the stripping.

-Current owner has replaced the light switches, but I don't know if he
has done alot of the other "required" work.

-E-brake works when it wants to and sometimes the car brakes won't
lock when parked in 1st gear (5speed manual)

I've wanted a D. my entire life (I'm only 22) so of course I want to
jump at this chance, but I'll have to sell my current daily driver to
afford it. I'm just trying to get a feel for what I might be getting
myself into to. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)