[DML] Re: WANTED: Angle Drive

Hate to say,but the truth of the matter is anything Lotus engineered
for the Delorean was of inferior design OR made to minimum standards
or of inferior materials, including wiring/fuel/mechanical
components/front suspension/rear suspension/ Brakes/window operation/
cooling fans,and their operation/door locks//frame/ even the simple
things like door handles/heater controls/headlight switch,shifter
boot/ suspension bolts/ball joints,circuit boards(taillights/ auto
tranny) were inferior...interior was made of inferior plastic or
vinyl,very little leather for a "leather interior"and crappy stuff at
that..and even the location of some components was poorly done such
as putting all the major wiring systems/fuses right above a enclosed
battery putting out sulfuric acid fumes..bad for the electrical
system.. with NO ventilation to remove heat or fumes from the
enclosed major wiring area...even the rivitnuts were of inferior
design(as you all have found out)
Few things were done right, the few done right were the stainless
steel/black body/door torsions bars/plastic gas tank(but NOT how they
engineered the fuel pump into it)just the tank and the location.There
is a lot more I missed,these are just some of the items that I could
think of that came to mind.It almost seemed like Lotus wanted the
Delorean to fall flat onto it's face in a huge ball of failures.

Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Peter Lucas <lucas@...> wrote:

> Sigh.   It really is time for somebody to come up with a practical
> electric setup...
> --Pete Lucas
>    VIN #06703

<*> Your email settings: