Re: [DML] Re: Bolt On Performance.

(hands clapping loudly)

Amen!

This is what needs to be done. However I think most people will live
by John's " Just Buy It", "Return it if you dont like it" slogans.

If I had access to a Dyno I would do it.

Maybe we should all do what John says, we all should buy his
performance tune-up kit, try it and then send it back if we dont see
a difference. However in order for this to work we all have to give
our cars a fresh stock tune-up first and then install his Performance
parts.

I have a feeling John will end up having a big sale on used
Performance parts.

Mark V

On Oct 25, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Soma576@xxxxxxx wrote:

> This is absolutely ridiculous.? I think many people on the DML
> would like to have this solved once and for all so the arguing can
> stop.?
>
> I don't see a single person on here saying the 'performance' parts
> don't work well in the DeLorean.? But it is truely surprising that
> a handful of DML'ers are either avoiding the real question or
> simply just don't get it.?
>
> The REAL QUESTION is "What Horsepower or Torque Advantage Will I
> Have When Using 'Performance Parts' Versus My NEW STOCK OEM (Not 25
> year old garbage) Parts?"?
>
> Why is it so unreasonable to provide this information or to ask the
> question?? The question is not whether it costs more, or does it
> fit, or is it 'proper' to put non-stock parts on, it's about what
> will someone like me, with 11596, which had a full OEM-style tune-
> up three years ago, runs?properly and gets 30 mpg on the interstate
> at 75 mph and starts immediately every single time??- what gain
> will someone like ME get????
>
> Surely someone on here has access to a dyno.? Who out there
> does????? Once someone volunteers, I think Hervey needs to donate a
> tune-up kit so someone can put up some numbers.? It's unreasonable
> to make claims, then when someone asks you to prove it, to say I
> don't have to, but if you don't believe me, spend the cash so I
> make a profit on your tests.? It would be better for someone like
> Hervey to say, "I have so much confidence in my product, that I
> will LOAN it to someone who has a dyno to test it and prove the
> claims."? Then he gets his product back after a 5 minute run.? The
> catch would be to make sure the two or three runs are
> scientifically controlled, so that any variance is absolutely
> dependant on the parts used.? And it shouldn't be conducted by
> someone with a hot head...
>
> So now, who has a dyno??
>
> Andy
> VIN 11596

[stupendously long quote trimmed by moderator]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)