From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
welmoedj
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:25 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Bolt On Performance.

The guys that want to stick to NOS stuff and claim it's better than
what was in their car have a point!
Nevertheless don't argue that those NOS parts are equal to modern
performance technology. Proof? My car's parts (except for the coil
were replaced 2005).
Yet as for today I still find better (improved) responses of my car
and a better mileage than before.
That's not only due to the coil that has been replaced but also due
to the better wires.
Don't tell me that NOS cables wll perform better than cables ith a
far lower resistance. Don't argue that NOS coils (28kV) do better
than Flamethrower coils (40kV).
That's not argueing, that's sticking your head in the sand and
believe whatever the gospel tells you.
If you do not believe what other people (positively) experience it's
not worth the time trying to convince you!
If you want to know what your money returns you in improvement and
you do not believe the rest of the world, toss in your coins and test
yourself.
Even if John would go for it and do the dyno himself, I'm sure it
would be money down the drain as again you would ignore that and say
the results were "coloured".
Keep sitting in your sheltered corner while the world moves on!

Welmoed.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@...> wrote:

> Yeah if I had original wore out parts on my car and I installed
all
> of the stuff that was mentioned I would also have improved
results.
> However if I installed stock specification new parts I would also
> have improved results over my old stuff.
>
> To prove gains you have to take a test stock car, get a dyno
baseline
> and then start adding your goodies, not remove wore out parts and
put
> performance parts and say it runs and performs better because
> naturally it will when the worn out parts are removed.
>
> Fact is I got a huge big performance noticeable gain installing
new
> Plugs, Wires, cap and rotor back in 2003. However my Cap and Rotor
> were burnt to hell, my wires were original and my Plugs were way
out
> of gap. Fact is that I would have noticed the same results with
> performance parts too after removing my old junk. That is no
baseline
> to claim performance.
>
> Yes when I wash and detail my car is does seem faster, it is all
in
> the mind by cleaning and replacing makes things better.
>
> Claims are one thing, Dyno numbers prove claims.
>
> Mark V

[very long quote trimmed by moderator]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional