[DML] Re: Bolt On Performance.

You seem to overlook, or ignore the fact that John offered to take
back the product if it does not satisfy Mark or David!

What you call a real question is your opinion.
For all I care and mentioned my car performs better overall and, what
is proven, has a better fuel mileage.
Not just at your 75 Mph, no definitely not and not 30 mpg, no sir.

I mentioned my results not to be comparable with the result a Mark V
might get. That's because my driving style may be totally different
from his and he may come up with 30 mpg at 75 mph, while my figures
(collected over a long period of time) concern a driving style that
has higher highway averages, longer high speed distances and also
regularly higher RPMs while taking of.

>From his point of view Mark has an easy start: take text out of their
context and try to make the other look stupid. Fortunately my earlier
messages are still here to take a look at.
Seems an easy way out, behave like you are a know-it-all, ask others
to prove and then make a laugh of it.
Well, the laughs will be on you!

I never took the terms HP or torque into my text and still do not.
Performance is for some indeed HP and Torque, but performance also is
about efficiency, handling etc. And in that light I gave my
information.

And about the question of a well tuned car: mine has done over 6000
Miles in less than a year and never left me standing at the side of
the road because of failures or refused service when starting. In my
opinion this makes my car perform better than average, but I still do
not talk about HP and torque.

Some say I do not get it, but I think I got it and you probably not.
My performance is not yours and fortunately I do not need to make
your performance mine. I would not feel uncomfortably.

Welmoed.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@... wrote:

> This is absolutely ridiculous.? I think many people on the DML
would like to have this solved once and for all so the arguing can
stop.?

> I don't see a single person on here saying the 'performance' parts
don't work well in the DeLorean.? But it is truely surprising that a
handful of DML'ers are either avoiding the real question or simply
just don't get it.?

> The REAL QUESTION is "What Horsepower or Torque Advantage Will I
Have When Using 'Performance Parts' Versus My NEW STOCK OEM (Not 25
year old garbage) Parts?"?

> Why is it so unreasonable to provide this information or to ask the
question?? The question is not whether it costs more, or does it fit,
or is it 'proper' to put non-stock parts on, it's about what will
someone like me, with 11596, which had a full OEM-style tune-up three
years ago, runs?properly and gets 30 mpg on the interstate at 75 mph
and starts immediately every single time??- what gain will someone
like ME get????

> Surely someone on here has access to a dyno.? Who out there
does????? Once someone volunteers, I think Hervey needs to donate a
tune-up kit so someone can put up some numbers.? It's unreasonable to
make claims, then when someone asks you to prove it, to say I don't
have to, but if you don't believe me, spend the cash so I make a
profit on your tests.? It would be better for someone like Hervey to
say, "I have so much confidence in my product, that I will LOAN it to
someone who has a dyno to test it and prove the claims."? Then he
gets his product back after a 5 minute run.? The catch would be to
make sure the two or three runs are scientifically controlled, so
that any variance is absolutely dependant on the parts used.? And it
shouldn't be conducted by someone with a hot head...

> So now, who has a dyno??
>
> Andy
> VIN 11596

[unbelievably long quote trimmed by moderator]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)