[DML] Re: stage II (Faster Cap & Rotor Changes)

[DML] Re: stage II (Faster Cap & Rotor Changes)

As John Hervey told me, there are many ways to accomplish changing
the spark wires. He considered I found mine:

Being too lazy to take the intake manifold of, I turned my fingers
into my eyes and with the help of a mirror I exchanged the cables one
by one until finished. Took a couple of hours, some bruses and
chipped skin, a sore chest, but.... it started and ran straight away.
Mission accomplished, happy owner!

Welmoed.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> Mine are a 5 minute swap because they're not covered up.
>
> Even K-Jet owners can have faster access if they convert to dual
> exhaust, jetisoning the exhaust crossover pipe in the process. The
> ignition distributor is the first thing you come to from the
backside
> of the engine. From underneath the car, it quite literally is in
your
> face. The fuel metering unit still needs to raise up about 1/2" for
> clearance, but simply loosening the mounting screws accomodates
that.
> The unit certainly doesn't need to be moved or removed.
>
> Ignition distributor in my AMC (GM's 151 -- I *WISH* AMC had
developed
> their own 4 cylinder at that time) has similar access issues. Is
> burried under the intake manifold and carburetor. I used to change
the
> cap and rotor by braille. Then one day I happened to look up from
> underneath the car. There she was, staring me right in the face.
> Haven't changed cap & rotor from above since.
>
> The PRV was first developed with very different intake manifolds.
> Ignition distributor access wasn't an issue then. Even the first
fuel
> injection manifold didn't cover it up (I've posted a pic to #5939's
> photo album). Only in the final K-Jet setup was it burried.
>
> Bill Robertson

[moderator snip]

    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx