Re: [DML] Performance PRV Pics Uploaded

That's a photo of a Ferrari replica made by a company called NF Autos
who are about 5 miles from my house. It's based on a simple 2.6 odd-fire
with triple webers which were standard on Alpine A310 race cars (hen's
teeth) and the Talbot Tagora (!). Thoese weber setups change hands for
over £500 / $1000

A good friend of mine had a GTA Atmo with triple webers and the thing
went like the wind, however was dynoed at only 160hp at the flywheel.
The torque was what set that engine apart. It also only got 13mpg and
the throttle was like an on-off switch. We're in the middle of getting a
3 litre even fire from a Renault Safrane running in that car after the
triple weber engine blew up. That engine puts out 170hp as standard
before the addition of his existing free-flow 21" headers and
aftermarked remapped ECU.

THE TRANSMISSION IS GOOD FOR 300FT-LBS TORQUE AS STANDARD.

Martin

content22207 wrote:

> Since I was uploading to #5939's photo album anyway, I've added two
> pics of what the PRV looks like in a performance Renault application.
>
> Should put to rest any speculation about whether carburetion is
> suitable for high performance (NASCAR runs carburetion too, BTW).
>
> Notice the transmissions -- same input shafts as ours?
>
> Bill Robertson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: