[DML] Re: A question about our vendors, with my DMA hat on.

[DML] Re: A question about our vendors, with my DMA hat on.

Folks,

I think it's all in how you read his post......I didn't take Claude's
comment of "not out of the goodness of their heart" as a slam.

While our vendors have an unbelievable record of donating their time,
talents and energy, it really is a part of being an entrepenuer.  You
do whatever you have to do to keep your business out there and making
money.  Rob and Steve are classic examples of the entrepenuerial
spirit.  I own a movie theater that is currently being rebuilt,  I
spend 60,70 80 hours or more a week devoted to it so it will be
successful.  Nobody is going to care more about my business than me.
When I donate things I am always looking to see if I can use it as a
tax write-off.  Sure, I love to be out there promoting my theater and
being a part of the community BUT... the tax man takes so much of
your money and with our F**ked up tax laws, investments into your
business you want to write off are sometimes stretched out over 30
years!!!....I fight with my accountant all the time over nonsense
like this.  30 years to write off a new screen?  30 years to write
off new Popcorn machine?  Come on!!!  It won't last that long!

Smart men like Rob and Steve surely have even smarter people doing
their accounting and know that business trips, donations etc...are
ways to lower their profit...at least on paper.  It's all a sad game
American businesses need to play.

I think Claude was just trying to point that aspect out and not
trying to flame anyone.  I'm sure Claude has no doubt that our
vendors have a deep passion for our cars, care for their customers
and take away time from their families to indulge all of our
collective love for these cars.  But as much as they devoted to the
marquee, they are first and foremost...businessmen who will do what
they must to ensure their livelyhood and keep thier employees with
jobs, health insurance etc...

It's a heavy burden on a sole proprietor and I applaud anyone who
ventures into this insane world of owning a business.  We must all be
crazy! LOL!!

Just trying to flip the coin on this topic to see the other side

Peace!

Tom

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional