Re: [DML] eBay fraud (Response from "seller")

Re: [DML] eBay fraud (Response from "seller")

Allow me to go off the subject for one moment. A while ago I sold a
1950 Buick to an individual living overseas. During the sale, he found
out I owned a DeLorean and has been interested in them ever since the
completion of the sale. Now back on subject, he has been recently
checking E-bay for DeLoreans and came across the "scam" auctions which
he contacted me about so I could look into them for him and find out
it's a good deal. Of course I've already warned him not to bid on
these scam auctions. I note that the  "do not bid", "buy it now for
$____" and lack of vin number in these scam auctions are repetitious,
and give it away to being a scam. I'm guessing that this person has
somehow found some kind of loophole to still get paid through E-bay
that's why he is insisting to send the money through them. Here is the
response from the scammer to my friend overseas:

Hello
First of all I must inform you that I'm located in Budapest, Hungary.
I recently moved here with my job and I had the intention to take the
car with me in order to register it and keep it, but I discovered that
it is very hard to register a US car here and the taxes are very high.
Not to mention that here the gasoline is much expensive here. So,
unfortunately, I had to leave the car in the US. The PRICE is
$5,200.00. The car is in excellent condition. It has no scratches on
and hasn't been involved in an accident. The motor runs very well. The
car was always garaged. The car is still US registered and the title
is clear. The car is in US at the shipping company and it is ready to
be shipped. The SHIPPING will be made by DAS Auto Shippers. The
delivery will take between 7 and 10 working days (with insurance and
30 days return policy). I WILL PAY FOR THE SHIPPING! If the car does
not matches 100% the description, you will return it in maximum 30
days and I will pay for the return shipping fees. PAYMENT will be made
through eBay so we can be both protected! If you agree with my above
terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible. I have
reserved the car for you until I will have your final answer.
Thank you,
Justin Reynolds

Just thought that this can perhaps somehow help
-----dani b. #5003

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: