Re: [DML] Before purchase questions

Best thing to do is contact local experienced DeLorean
owners that are willing to look at the cars for you.

Are you in NY?  (John Taylor NY)??  Where in NY?  if
you post your location, it is likely some local
members will be willing to help you go shopping.  I
always like to go DeLorean shopping with other peoples
money.  :)

Some of the vendors do have checklists.

http://delorean.com/files/report.pdf

Taking the car to a local garage could not hurt (well,
I hope it would not), but they will not know most of
the DeLorean specific gotchas.  Those small items that
can cost a lot of money to repair.

Having paint removed from stainless is not a big deal.
 As long as the stainless looks good, I would not
worry that it was once painted.

You can get an insurance appraisal from most
independent auto appraiser companies.  There are lots
of them.  You can also have one of the DeLorean
vendors write one for you.  If you are in NY, PJ Grady
is probably your "local" vendor.

http://pjgrady.com/

Good luck on the new purchase!

--- johntaylorny <johntaylorny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello I have been test driving Ds and will probably
> purchase one in
> the next few weeks. I have some questions I'd
> appreciate helped out
> with.
>
> 1. Is there a check list of sorts that exists that a
> potential buyer
> can use to check out the car before purchase?
>
> 2. Will mechanics at local garages be able to do a
> once over of the
> car if they are not familiar with Ds?
>
> 3. One of the Ds I'm looking at was painted...but
> the paint was
> professionally removed and now its stainless.
> Body/frame are ok.
> Should this cause a concern?
>
> 4. My insurance co says if I want the car insured
> for full purchase
> price, I need an appraisal done. Where can I get an
> auto appraisal?

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
(http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: