[DML] DeLorean Fall Foliage Tour Facts

I started doing The DeLorean Fall Foliage Tour over seven years ago,
I also was the president of the DMA for a few years. All the work
that I did in the past and hope to do in the future was because I
love the car and the DeLorean community.

I consider myself a privileged individual because I am fortunate
enough to own and drive a DeLorean. I have always enjoyed the
DeLorean owners and enthusiasts and found them to be a divers and
eclectic group of talented and creative people . I can't begin to
explain how proud I use to feel and how much enjoyment I use to get
from being involved in the DeLorean community.

My personal philosophy as to the best way to approach events and club
activities has always been to try and work from an inclusive
standpoint and get different groups to cooperate (including other
marquees like the Bricklin) not an easy thing to do but I felt it was
the best way to work together to promote our cars.

Considering all the time and effort that I and others have put into
trying to do something positive for the DeLorean community, I think
it is unfortunate that a small group of people have taken the
position that if you take an active role in the DeLorean community
that you are fair game to be attacked privately and publicly, I can
only imagine what has been said behind my back.

I have ignored a majority misinformation, innuendo and a lot of crap
that has been said in an effort to minimize escalating a lot of the
Bull $#!+ that some people seem to enjoy more than the cars and the
events. From time to time I respond because I get tired of the
rhetoric and what I believe to be a distortion of the truth.

I don't think the majority of the people who read the DML care about
this crap and just want good events, I am sure everyone is as sick of
this BS as I am. Sadly after the Fall Tours (and I believe both
turned out to be excellent from what I have heard) I continue to see
what I feel are pot shots and misrepresentations of some of the
facts. I have always encouraged people to put on there own events and
I think it is great that the DMA had their own Fall Tour this year,
what I resent is that it seamed like some of the DMA officers tried
to promote there event at the expense of my event, if I am being too
sensitive so be it.

For those people who do want to know the truth about the Fall Tour, I
would encourage you to type in the words "Fall Tour" and read the DML
archives, I think that would probably give the most unbiased account
of the history.

I have included a few posts from the past that I feel clarify a few
things. If anyone has any questions feel free to e-mail me privately.
I think this has been an ugly enough thread, sadly it seems to me
some people seem to enjoy focusing on the negative and looking for
opportunities to create controversy. After seven years of putting on
an event, I think that being questioned about referring to my event
as the Fall Tour gives you an idea of how petty some people have been
about this.

Post 35242 from Marc Levy Sep. 5, 2003
The fall tour is not a club event. It was started by
Mike Deluca, who thought it would be cool to have a
parade of DeLoreans following him around on his fall
weekend getaway!

Kevin Abato and I have been pestering Mike to make
some comitments... keeping in mind, he is not
obligated to do anything! If Mike decides to pass
this year (hey Mike, ara ya poopin?), Kevin and I may
try and set something up.... but dont expect a Ken
Koncelik type show on short notice. :)

Post 29276 from Gary Gore Nov. 7, 2002

As far as the recent Fall Foliage Tour
goes, and anything that may have transpired there, it is not a
specific DeLorean Mid Atlantic event. The Fall Tour is put on each
year and is organized by Mike DeLuca and run by him. Yes he does have
others who help him and our club is always more than happy to assist
since it is in our general area usually. However it was not started
originally as a DeLorean Mid Atlanaitc event, nor is it specifically
one today. I think Mike does a great job

Gary Gore
Vice President
DeLorean Mid Atlantic

Post 29275 Mike DeLuca  Nov 7, 2002

The purpose of the Fall Foliage Tour is to bring the people and the
cars together and have fun. I try to promote the cars in a favorable
light, not only to the participants but also the onlookers! I have
and will continue to invite and include Bricklins to this event
because I feel they have many of the same issues we DeLorean owners
have and it's great exposure for us all. Bringing the two marques
together will make both marques stronger, better and more valuable. I
think everyone who is a fan of either car can appreciate that.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)