Re: [DML] Driver door latch issue

In a message dated 12/2/2005 10:01:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
derek.grozio@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

When  driving the D on a bumpy road, the
front half of the driver door moves as  I go over bumps. By move I mean
jitters like the front half is not  latched, probably about 5-6mm of
movement. >>

Perhaps one of the lock rods is disconnected as a work-around to cure a  door
that doesn't always lock or unlock properly.  You'll see when you
disassemble your door. Compare it to the drawings in the Workshop  manual. I've heard of
it being done. Hah! I'm a fine one to offer advice  when my own door has
problems...the bellcrank gets hung up so that sometimes the  door won't unlock, or
the door bounces back open instead of latching when I  close it.  I have to
tap the bellcrank with my finger to dislodge it. So,  the top half of my door
is always off for access. I just haven't had the time or  temperament to remove
the bottom door cover again. Last time I did that it was  off until it was at
P. J. Grady for a manifold gasket repair. Too bad the door  was behaving then.

Wayne A. Ernst, vin 11174