RE: [DML] FanZilla versus the EBay competitor for Fan Controller Idle St

RE: [DML] FanZilla versus the EBay competitor for Fan Controller Idle Stall

Martin,

Hmmm..... you didn't build it because it would be at a price you "couldn't
justify". Sounds like a Fanzilla I suppose but why is it you two "electrical
engineers" can find so much fault with a product but aren't willing to
invest the time and money to invent something better for less as you suggest
it would be so easy to do.
I suppose if I sold "Zilla's" and all of our other products at cost the
price would be more justifiable but as a business model it wouldn't hold
much water and I would be just another failed "flash in the pan" DeLorean
vendor like so many others. I know it's shameful to earn a living working on
DeLorean's but my customers seem to appreciate it and the last I heard you
were trying to do the same thing. I'm sure your engineering degree makes you
an instant expert on all things DeLorean so perhaps I can call you for
technical advice. NOT! I don't know about you but I've been doing this for
twenty four years and plan on twenty four more and I think you'll be moving
on to greener pastures long before then. I'll miss you but you won't see me
bashing your products and I assure you it's not because you haven't made
anything. It's called professional courtesy which seems to be sorely lacking
in this business. Perhaps I should abandon this practice of selling
solutions that some people don't appreciate and concentrate on replacing all
of the extra blown solenoids, batteries, and engines I could sell as a
result! I realize that this debate will be endless and indeed pointless so
I'll go about doing what I always do...fixing DeLorean's.

P.S. Martin, I do agree that Fanzilla could be revamped using today's
technology to create a smaller and hopefully less expensive package.
"Bobzilla" and I have discussed this very topic before. If and when he does
get the Zilla's back into production I think you'll see some interesting
developments. However Bob's a resourceful guy and the Zilla's were never
intended to be his sole source of income. Bob stopped checking and
responding to any provocations on the DML and the Forum a long time ago
because he doesn't need the aggravation. A good way to see that they are
never produced again would be to keep up the complaining and it's possible
he'll can the whole idea and pursue other interests. Wouldn't that be great!
Then certain individuals can boast how they killed the mighty Zilla's and
pound their chests. Then we can go back to using fan fail links that burst
in flames and "Fan Fix's" that have to be disconnected manually to turn
off...lest they too burst in flames. I didn't realize they were causing
these problems so I guess I learned something useful from this debate.

Have a nice day,

Rob Grady,