Re: [DML] FanZilla versus the EBay competitor for Fan Controller Idle St

Re: [DML] FanZilla versus the EBay competitor for Fan Controller Idle Stall

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita@xxxx>
wrote:
>Ellis,

I'll be happy to answer your question and I'll keep it very simple.
While the original module caused numerous lock-ins, dead batteries,
and burnt out solenoids I challenge you or anyone on the list to
point out a single instance of this on a Lockzilla equiped car. Of
all the "Zilla's" LZ is probably the most reliable with a failure
rate I can count on one hand...with spare digits! It isn't my place
to second guess "Bobzilla" on his design but perhaps he felt the
original layout was a good one that was executed poorly. Thanks to
him it isn't any longer. Speaking of executed..... why is it
that "know it all's" like you and Martin G. keep dumping on the
Zilla product line? It seems to be a central theme in many of your
posts. So that is my queston for you and Martin. If you have nothing
nice to say then perhaps you should keep it to yourselve's. After
all thousands of satisfied "Zilla" owners can't be the gullable
idiots you make them out to be. Does that answer your question? You
know I'm really starting to enjoy answering these posts so keep it
up!

Sincerely,

Rob Grady

> [MODERATOR NOTE: While it is possible that someone who can answer
this question will respond, it seems unlikely.  It would be very
unusual for a DML subscriber to be able to explain the thoughts of a
non-subscriber.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

> Rob - just one question.
>
> if the Zilla products are so good, why didn't he redesign the Lock
Module
> then ?
> I took a Lockzilla apart because I was curious and what I found
was the same
> lousy
> schematic that JZD used combined with some overkill relays and a
circuit
> breaker.
>
> He didn't even reduce the standby current. I really wonder why he
did this ?
> All this work with new housing, new PCB, wiring .... but he didn't
recognize
> the main
> problems of the original module ?
> I haven't seen any other Zilla product yet, hopefully they are
better than
> this one
> because after what I have seen I wouldn't waste my money for it !
>
> But thanks for your words about the original fan wiring. I
installed a
> second relay
> and two CB's lately to prevent any CB tripping and I relied on the
orignal
> wiring, too.
> The modification was not only cheap, it was also done in about 20-
30
> minutes.
> I use the fan fail socket for the second relay now. It looks clean
and
> almost stock.
> So why install a Fanzilla (or any other aftermarket P&P product) ?
>
> Elvis & 6548
>

> John and the DML group,
>
> Since you brought my name into this I feel obliged to respond.
You're right