AW: [DML] FanZilla versus the EBay competitor for Fan Controller Idle St

AW: [DML] FanZilla versus the EBay competitor for Fan Controller Idle Stall

[MODERATOR NOTE: While it is possible that someone who can answer this question will respond, it seems unlikely.  It would be very unusual for a DML subscriber to be able to explain the thoughts of a non-subscriber.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

Rob - just one question.

if the Zilla products are so good, why didn't he redesign the Lock Module
then ?
I took a Lockzilla apart because I was curious and what I found was the same
lousy
schematic that JZD used combined with some overkill relays and a circuit
breaker.

He didn't even reduce the standby current. I really wonder why he did this ?
All this work with new housing, new PCB, wiring .... but he didn't recognize
the main
problems of the original module ?
I haven't seen any other Zilla product yet, hopefully they are better than
this one
because after what I have seen I wouldn't waste my money for it !

But thanks for your words about the original fan wiring. I installed a
second relay
and two CB's lately to prevent any CB tripping and I relied on the orignal
wiring, too.
The modification was not only cheap, it was also done in about 20-30
minutes.
I use the fan fail socket for the second relay now. It looks clean and
almost stock.
So why install a Fanzilla (or any other aftermarket P&P product) ?

Elvis & 6548

John and the DML group,

Since you brought my name into this I feel obliged to respond. You're right
I don't really care for your "fan fix" as I bought one to test when they
first came out and found it was nothing more than an oversized relay in a
conduit box. I see from your website that you've spiffed it up a bit with a
fancier box and added ATC fuse-holders but it's still just a large, and
noisy when cycling on/off, relay. The "Fanzilla" is much quieter and
smoother in operation than the "fan fix". People can say whatever they want
but my experience leads me to always use the best quality part but not
always the cheapest as my reputation depends on it.

...... The "fan fix" is cheaper however so it may be better
than a fan fail link for those owners who can't afford "Zilla" products.
Cheaper doesn't make it better, or as good as, it just makes it cheaper.
Open up any "Zilla" product and you will find a lot of electrical parts...
not just a relay.

Sincerely,

Rob