Re: [DML] Looking for the definitive LED Taillight part numbers

Re: [DML] Looking for the definitive LED Taillight part numbers

Hi Rob

I'm one of thsoe Thrifty ones :-) Seriously there's  reason you probably
haven't sold many "across the pond" and it's because on your replacement
boards, the modification to run the inner lights as fog lights (which is
part of the original design of the board and the plug - the un-used pin
in the connector) is not there and the tracks on the board are much
harder to modify. For those who don't know, it's a requirement over here
to have high intensity focused red lights which can be turned on
independently. The inner brakelights on the D -are- actually foglights -
if you look at the beam pattern, they're not the same as the outer ones.

The original boards can be patched up quite successfully as far as those
pesky rivets on the bulb holders go, but the connector where the plug
goes onto the board still causes problems.

Martin

rob@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Another issue is would there be sufficient demand as it would appear many
>DMLers prefer to patch up their old boards rather than invest in a superior
>product. I don't mean to slight anyone on the list for being thrifty but

<snip>