[DML] Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans, factory and others

[DML] Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans, factory and others

Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans, factory and others

True on the etched thing,I admitted that on a earlier(vin) post,it
was done with a hand(electric) etcher on the pontoon rear quarter
that was fully covered by the Qpanel,it was done during
disassembly,BEFORE I even knew about low vins,(or even the vin of
570,I just had NOT paid attention to it,till way after the etching) I
did it just as a history marker ID,or if it got stolen and/or the ID
tags removed,(by a thief)since I was doing a ground up,and wanted a
future owner
to discover it/ know WHO did the work,kind of like the cave
drawings/dates under the headliners.A very easy repair/removal for
anyone who knows fiberglass repair--or could stay as it IS part of
the history of that car.My intension was to make it into a very nice
example of a Delorean,not as a history showpiece.I cannot comment on
a low vin door switch,but I did switch drivers doors between a 81 and
a 83 and they both fit just fine,and the 81 door fit and closed
perfect on the 83,and as far as I know,is still working/closing fine
as of the last(pic) view(early this year) of that car,the 83 door
fit/closed fine on the 81.If you see my posted pics, the "newer
Qpanels" fit just fine on vin 570.It is a BONUS to me to hear,that
Chris is making it to orignal factory spec,vin 570 deserves it!! You
must remember, Again IT WAS my car(at the time) if I wanted my name
etched,where it did no visible harm,that was my choice.If I wanted
smooth Finished surfaces on my car again my choice(which I had done
on the red painted 82 Delorean that went with the deal,that was my
personal choice,it did not effect structual integerity,or effect it
for long term use.It is up to the owner to choose,How what or why of
the car! Ater all you DO own one of the most altered cars! Now if I
made it into a  hovercraft,or Hemipowered,or Monstertruck,now that is
major alterations,90% plus DMC's are altered in one fashion or other.
Again is is up to the owner to make it as they so choose,I still say
etch the vin number on the underbody(hidden inside and outside)(for
recovery purposes)
CBL