[DML] DMCH in Forbes...

I too think this is nothing but good press, and bodes well for DMC-
Texas as well. Why? This article shows how professional, organized,
and legitimate the DeLorean hobby is, even 25 years after the birth
of the car. I think articles such as this kind of chip away at who
the public might think DeLorean enthusiasts are as well.

And why should ANYONE be surprised the main goal of DMC-Texas is to
move parts? That's their largest overhead. And it's something you
can sell to every DeLorean owner out there. You can't necessarily
sell service to every DeLorean owner, or hi/po engines etc. The fact
that their main objective is to make a profit should not be a dirty
thing either. That's the point of businesses. It just doesn't work
to rely on loving the car, having fun, or spreading sunshine
throughout the world as your main business goal lol. DMC-Texas
exists because there is a niche in the market that they can
profitably fill. No matter how much Stephen Wynne loves the car, if
it weren't profitable for him he wouldn't be a part of the business
to the extent he and DMC-Texas are.

I think that's something many DeLorean owners seem to have a problem
with... separating emotion from the cars. Why should DMC-Texas lose
it's legitimacy if it's main goal isn't the love of the DeLorean
marque, but instead to survive and turn a profit? We've all gotta
remember guys... this is JUST A CAR. A very special car in many of
our eyes... but not necessarily to the rest of the world.

Also keep in mind Stephen Wynne and DMC-Texas have probably done
more for the DeLorean marque than anyone else in the last two
decades. DMC-Texas has repetedly gotten the car into the press in a
positive way, they keep reproducing rare/extinct parts, and come up
with solutions for problem areas that face all DeLorean owners.
People gripe about their hi/po engines being expensive, but for
roughly the same power output they cost many thousands less than the
island turbo alternative. Not to mention their engine upgrades are
easier on your engine (how many turbo cars have we all seen that
have health problems?). I know your hobby is to rip on DMC-Texas,
Marc... but your arguments against them have always been really
hollow and easily refuted.

Louie Golden
#5252 Charlotte, NC